So two rounds of the Allianz League have now passed and with several teams putting in superb performances across the two rounds I have decided to look at my top 10 in order so far.
1. Limerick – John Kiely’s Limerick are at the top of pecking order in my opinion. They won at Wexford Park in a very tough game, before they took care of Tipperary rather easily.
2. Clare – Clare probably sit second in the pecking order at present following a good win over Kilkenny in their latest game. Colm Galvin and Podge Collins are finding form also.
3. Tipperary – Liam Sheedy’s men despite losing to Limerick still are up their going on their performance against Clare on opening night. Seamus Callanan, Noel McGrath and Jake Morris have been superb.
4. Galway – Galway despite drawing with Carlow may still make it out of Division 1b if they beat Dublin and Waterford.
5 Kilkenny – Kilkenny made a good start to the league with a good win over Cork on opening weekend . Left it to late to claw back a possible win against Clare.
6 Waterford – have had two good wins over Laois and Offaly and sit on top of the table. They will face Galway and Dublin for promotion battle.
7 Wexford – Davy Fitzgerald’s men look to have made a good start to the year. Lost out to Limerick narrowly a good win in Cork though has put them back in the mix.
8. Cork – Have been very poor in the league. The ground issues at Pairc UI Chaoimh not helping their cause will need better against Clare in the next game.
9. Dublin – Dublin with Mattie Kenny have started with two wins from two .Likely bigger games ahead against Waterford and Galway however.
10. Carlow – Carlow are the 10th best team in my opinion ahead of Offaly and Laois at the minute. They drew with Galway wbich was absolutely superb. Pushed Dublin very close as well. Should survive in Division 1b on current form.