Another big weekend has passed and it was the first weekend of the Super 8’s where plenty of big games were played. Dublin and Cork battled it out in Croke Park, with the Dubs winning by 13 points, Kerry hammered Mayo by 10 points, while Donegal beat Meath and Tyrone overcame Roscommon. So with big performances across all games, we have come up with our best 15 of the weekend. Tell us what you think!
- Stephen Cluxton (Dublin) – Another formidable performance from the master of the kick-out. He didn’t manage to keep a clean sheet but made some good saves in the win over Cork.
2. Philly McMahon (Dublin) – Good performance from the Ballymun man that raided forward with every opportunity kicked two points from play also.
3. Ronan McNamee (Tyrone) – A solid performance marking Conor Cox, limited him to only a couple of scores.
4. Eoghan Ban Gallagher (Donegal) – A solid performance for Ban Gallagher who got forward at every opportunity
5. Ryan McHugh (Donegal) – The Kilcar man was his usual busy self as he kicked two points in a good display for Donegal.
6. Jason Foley (Kerry) – Standout performance in defense did everything right in a big win in Killarney for the Kingdom over Mayo.
7. Jack McCaffrey (Dublin) – Man of the match performance against Cork went forward at every attempt and got a well-taken goal.
8. David Moran (Kerry) – A big performance in midfield bossing Aidan O’Shea. More the same next weekend and Kerry will be looking to a semi-final.
9. Michael Murphy (Donegal) – The Glenswilly man as he so often does come up with the goods. Won a lot of kick-outs when Donegal needed a player to stand up in the final 15 minutes.
10 Jamie Brennan (Donegal) – Three points from Brennan in the win over Meath in another solid performance.
11 Niall Sludden (Tyrone) – His strong running helped Tyrone breakdown Roscommon. He scored three points also
12 Stephen O’Brien (Kerry) – Another consistent player that does the hard work. His running towards goal anytime he got the ball was superb. Kicked 0-03.
13 Paddy McBrearty (Donegal) – Man of the match performance from McBrearty as he kicked 1-06 in a magnificent performance against Meath.
14 Cathal McShane (Tyrone) – McShane is becoming one of the best in the game. He kicked 0-08, 0-03 from play in a good win for the Mickey Harte’s men.
15 David Clifford (Kerry) – Clifford was once again unmarkable. He scored 5 points from play for the Kingdom in the 10 point win over Mayo.