Another week over in the football league and only 1 round of games to go with a lot still at stake for many teams across the 4 divisions. Our team of the weekend is below.
- Niall Morgan (Tyrone) – Another big performance from the Edendork man as his side claimed a valuable win over Dublin at Croke Park. Morgan kicked two frees also.
2. Dave Wynne (Galway) – Another exceptional performance in the full back line. He dealt with any threat posed to the Galway defence in their game with Roscommon very well.
3. Conor McGill (Meath) – A big game at full back for the Royals. Up against a tough full forward line but he held his own.
4. Chris Barrett (Mayo) – A solid performance against Kerry. He made a superb block which looked sure to be heading into the goal if not. Massive game.
5. Colm Begley (Laois) – Another great performance from Begley, has arguably been one of the best wing backs in the game in recent seasons in my opinion.
6. Aidan Forker (Armagh) – Solid again for McGeeney’s men in what was a big game for them against Fermanagh.
7. Donie Vaughan (Mayo) – Another Mayo man makes the team after a good performance.
8. Aidan O’Shea (Mayo) – Good performance from O’Shea who made some marks, won some good ball and was back to his best in the win over Kerry.
9. Matthew Ruane (Mayo) – Scored the all important goal for James Horan’s mens win over Kerry.
10. Paul Devlin (Down) – kicked 4 points when introduced off the bench for Paddy Tally’s men. These were important as Down won by just the minimum at Dr Cullen Park.
11. Sean O’Shea (Kerry) – Another solid performance from a man now who is used to been named in these weekly teams. Will certainly be one to watch over the Summer.
12. Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone) – A big game from Donnelly as he kicked three points in the win over Donegal
13. Michael Murphy (Donegal) – Contributed 0-06, 0-04f in a good over Cork.
14. Cathal McShane (Tyrone) – Man of the match in the win over Dublin, contributed a goal and four points of the winners tally.
15. Conor McManus (Monaghan) – As he so often is McManus was the Monaghan star in attack he kicked 6 points, 2 from play in the win over neighbours Cavan.