Ireland take on Russia tomorrow in the Rugby World Cup with many predicting a landslide victory for Joe Schmidt’s side. Ireland lost out to Japan in their second game. Schmidt has made plenty of changes for this games but they still should be far too strong for the Russians. So let’s take a look at some of our bets.
- Russia +52 @Evens – I expect Russia to cover the +52 handicap on offer. Ireland will win the game easily enough but by 52 points or more in my opinion is a bit steep. Russia to keep within the handicap looks the best bet.
2. Keith Earls First Tryscorer @5/1 – Could be worth siding with Keith Earls to get the first try. He is Ireland’s top scorer in the last two World Cups. He has an impressive record. It would surely be worth a few quid of your hard earned cash.
3. Ireland winning margin 46-50 points @ 13/2 – This is the margin I think Ireland will personally win by. They will obviously be looking to put the game to bed rather quickly and to secure the bonus point as early as possible.
4. Jordi Murphy Anytime Tryscorer @13/8 – Not much value really considering all the backs are odds on to get a try so Jordi Murphy at 13/8 looks value. The reason why? He was left out of the World Cup squad, he will want to make an impact and a try would do that for sure.
5. Peter O’Mahony Man of the Match @16/1 – The Munster man put his body on the line every time he goes out in the green of Ireland. He is an excellent leader and will likely drive on the line out and scrum again.