Ireland begin their Rugby World Cup campaign with a tough opener against Scotland on Saturday and with that in mind let’s take you through some of our best bets.
1. Ireland – 8 – Ireland at – 8 probably looks good value as I expect them to hit this game head on and put Scotland to the sword. When Ireland get going especially their backs they are virtually unstoppable. I expect Jacob Stockdale to have a massive game.
2. Ireland win 6-10 points – I expect Ireland to stick within this margin which is line with the handicap market of – 8. This is a very popular market in betting and Ireland are to win it will in this region in my opinion.
3. Ireland half time margin 1-7 points- I expect Ireland to be leading at the break here but not by much and at odds of 2/1 this probably is a superb bet.
4. Keith Earls First Tryscorer – An impressive try scoring record it would be hard not to back against Earls getting the first try. He is 9/1 to do so and looks a great bet when you look at his statistics the Munster man has scored 8 tries in 10 games, he is Ireland’s top try scorer in World Cup history. He has scored 27 tries in 70 appearances.
5. Josh Van Der Flier Anytime Tryscorer – At 11/2 this looks a value bet for me. Van Der Flier has scored a couple of tries for Ireland and you couldn’t rule him out scoring one here. He looks a good bet.