Its the opening weekend of Champions Cup rugby and we have ten facts to remember to tell your rugby mates.
(1) After a horror show against Leinster at the weekend, Connacht fans will be hoping for a win against Montpellier and the fact that they have won their opening round fixture of European competition for the last five (4 french teams) campaigns should be a boost to their hopes of victory.
(2) Another good sign for Connacht fans is that Montpellier is shocking when playing in Ireland, they have played here eight times and an average losing margin of a huge 25pts.
(3) Ulster Rugby has won five of their last six clashes with English opposition in Champions Cup rugby so they will be hoping to keep the run going against Bath away this weekend.
(4) Ulster Rugby has also started their campaigns impressively, they have won their opening match of the Champions Cup eight of the last ten years.
(5) Jacob Stockdale was the leading try scorer with six tries last season and he was the leading metre maker with a huge 517 gained. Hopefully, he scores a few tries at the weekend for Ulster.
(6) Leinster fans will hope for a bonus-point win over Benetton and the fact that the Italian side has lost all their 14 European matches on Irish soil should indicate as easy victory is in store.
(7) James Ryan made the most tackles of any player and the second most carries, he tackled 142 times and carried a huge 139 times, hopefully he continues in that form this season in Champions Cup rugby
(8) Munster has won 16 of their 18 clashes with Welsh sides so the Ospreys won’t bring much fear to the Limerick side this weekend.
(9) Munster also starts their campaigns very strong, they have won every year since the 2013/14 competition.
(10) Anyone expecting that Saracens will be affected by their troubles with salary caps can feel safe in the fact the last five times the English side has played Racing 92 they have won.