We preview and have the starting teams from Chelsea v Aston Villa in the Premiership on Wednesday evening, kick off 7:45pm
Chelsea: Cech; Cole; Terry(c); Cahill; Ivanovic; Ramires; Lampard; Hazard; Mata; Oscar; Ba.
Aston Villa : Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Clark, Luna, El Ahmadi, Westwood, Delph, Agbonlahor, Weimann. Benteke.
With Boylesports.com doubling first goalscorer prices if that goal is scored inside the first 20min, backing Juan Mata (13/2) and Demba Ba (4 /1) looks like amazing value. CLICK HERE TO BET AND CLAIM 20e FREE BET
Chelsea FC got a club record 8-0 win over Villa in the corresponding fixture last season, but Mourinho is wary of the visitors following their 3-1 win at Arsenal.
When Jose Mourinho was asked about Villa Surprise victory over Arsenal he said:
“It’s not such a big surprise because Aston Villa can do that to any one of us,”
“They are a team with qualities to play away, to play the counter-attack game they played at the Emirates. They are a good team.”
Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert was asked asked whether they could be fatigued on Wednesday, said:
“No. It can work for you. They will be ready for it again.
“You’re only one game into the season and sometimes you hear people talk about being tired. I don’t buy into that.
“Mentally it will be hard because we have to go again with the intensity that you have to play with.
“We have three games where the intensity is going to be really, really high. If we can cope with that, we have that threat in the team.
“You have to cope with the intensity. You have to prepare right for it. You have to let all the euphoria from Saturday go. You can’t live in the past. You have to go again.
- Aston Villa suffered a club record 8-0 defeat on their last visit to Stamford Bridge in December.
- Chelsea have won each of their last three league matches against Villa, scoring 14 goals.
- The Villans have won just one of their last 11 league visits to Stamford Bridge, losing seven.
- Jose Mourinho has never lost a Premier League match at Stamford Bridge, winning 47 and drawing 14 of his 61 games in charge at the ground.
- But Mourinho has not won any of his last four Premier League matches against Villa (D3, L1).
- Chelsea have won 14 and lost just one of their 16 league matches played in August under Mourinho.
- Frank Lampard has missed two of his last three penalties after scoring the previous 10 in a row.
- Eden Hazard created an unrivalled six goalscoring chances on the opening weekend of the Premier League.
- Villa are unbeaten in their last three Premier League away matches since a 3-0 defeat at Manchester United in April.
- They were the only Premier League side to earn more points away (21) than at home (20) last season.
- It’s a club record 23 matches since Paul Lambert’s side last kept a Premier League clean sheet at home to Stoke City in December 2012.
- Christian Benteke has scored an unrivalled 16 Premier League goals in 2013.