We have the starting teams for Manchester City v West Ham Unted in the Carling Cup semi final first round.
Punters have latched onto Manchester City to win the Capital One Cup. City, who play West Ham in the first leg of their semi-final on Wednesday night, have been cut into 8/13 from 10/11 to lift the cup following support on Monday evening.
Pellegrini’s side are 1/6 to record a home first leg win whilst West Ham, who suffered a 5-0 defeat to Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup last weekend, are 14/1 to record a shock victory with a draw priced at 6/1.
Alvaro Negredo is currently 9/4 to open the scoring with Edin Dzeko hot on his heels at 5/2 whilst both teams to score on Wednesday night is priced at Evens with Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker.
- Manchester City have met West Ham United once in the League Cup back in 1984, beating the Hammers 2-1 in a replay at Upton Park after a goalless draw at Maine Road.
- City won the last meeting between the two clubs, away at Upton Park, 3-1 in October.
- West Ham have won only once at the Etihad Stadium, beating City in an FA Cup quarter-final tie in 2006.
- Both clubs were semi-finalists in 1964 and 2011, with West Ham losing to the eventual winners on both occasions.
- City have twice won the League Cup, beating West Bromwich Albion in 1970 and Newcastle United in 1976 – and were losing finalists against Wolves in 1974.
- Bosnia striker Edin Dzeko has scored in all three of City’s ties so far this season.
- None of City’s League Cup scorers this season have been English.
- Liverpool are the only side to beat Manchester City in a home semi-final tie in this competition – in 1981 and 2012.
West Ham United
- West Ham have been losing finalists twice in League Cup history – versus West Bromwich Albion in 1966 and Liverpool in 1981.
- The Hammers have scored nine goals in four League Cup ties, almost half the 19 goals they have scored in 20 league games.
- Hammers boss Sam Allardyce led former club Bolton to the 2004 League Cup final where they lost to Middlesbrough.
Manchesster City – Pantilimon, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Lescott, Clichy; Nasri, Yaya, Garcia, Silva; Negredo, Dzeko
SUBS Hart, Nastasic, Demichelis, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Milner, Lopes
West Ham – Adrian, McCartney, Maiga, Taylor, Noble (c), O’Brien, Demel, Diame, Downing, J.Cole, Johnson
Capital One Cup Outright