Manchester United suffer blow in chase for midfielder

Manchester United have been dealt a blow in the chase for Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini, after the star admitted his destiny is with Everton.

It had been rumoured that David Moyes would try to lure Fellaini to Old Trafford once he officially takes over as manager on July 1, but the Belgian has denied talks have ever taken place about the possibility.

“He got a good offer and I understood why he accepted it,” said Fellaini.

“But he never told me he planned to take me to United. Rumours are part of football and I take them with a pinch of salt.

“Everyone likes that question about Manchester United, but I know of nothing.”

Manchester United is not the only club Fellaini has been linked with, after Chelsea were linked with the star in January, but he admits that his future is with Everton, and is not thinking about a move away from Goodison Park.

“My destiny is with Everton, it’s as simple as that,” he told dhnet.be.

“We’re talking about one of the biggest clubs in England, the framework is in place and the manager’s departure doesn’t change anything.

“I do miss playing in the Champions League but we deserved to win a place in it this year.

“We were unlucky Spurs had a good season as well. But it’s clear I am very happy where I am. Everything else is waffle.”

2 COMMENTS

  1. there’s every chance moyes has told him he wont infuriate the everton faithful by taking him along,and so he has to make it look like he doesn’t want to leave.But watch this space,if anyone eylse comes in (say chelsea for example) and makes it look like he must leave goodison park,then moyes will go back for him and the rest,u all can guess!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.