We have the starting teams from the evening premier league match as Southampton welcome Liverpool FC
- Southampton have won four of their five Premier League games against Liverpool at St Mary’s, including the last three in a row. Liverpool’s last victory was a 1-0 win in January 2003.
- Saints are one of only two teams in the league to keep a clean sheet against Liverpool this season – the other was Arsenal at the Emirates.
- Southampton’s 3-1 defeat by West Ham last weekend was their first loss in seven Premier League matches.
- They have lost a league-high 15 points from winning positions this season.
- Mauricio Pochettino’s side have only won one of their previous seven home fixtures in the league (D3, L3). That was a 1-0 victory over West Brom on 11 January.
- Southampton have only won one of their 12 matches against opposition in the top half of the table this season.
- Liverpool are the top scorers in the Premier League with 70 goals from their 27 matches. Last weekend’s 4-3 victory over Swansea saw them move above Manchester City, who have scored 69 goals in 26 games.
- Only four teams have kept fewer clean sheets in the league this season. In the top half of the table, only Newcastle (38) have conceded more than Liverpool’s 35 goals.
- Daniel Sturridge has scored in eight consecutive league games – taking his tally to 18 for the league campaign.
- Luis Suarez has not scored in five matches in all competitions but he now has the joint highest number of goal assists in the Premier League (nine) – as well as being top scorer with 23.
Southampton – Boruc, Chambers, Lovren, Fonte, Shaw, Cork, Schneiderlin, Davis, Lallana, Rodriguez, Lambert
Liverpool FC – Mignolet, Johnson, Flanagan, Agger, Skrtel, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez