Its one of the biggest derby’s in the Premiership and we have the starting teams as Sunderland face Newcastle at The Stadium of Light, kick off 1:30pm. Its the 151st meeting between the two teams.
Four changes for Sunderland as Dossena, Cuellar, Colback and Altidore replace Celustka, Roberge, Gardner and Giaccherini.
Sunderland: Westwood, Bardsley, Dossena, O’Shea (c), Cuellar, Cattermole, Colback, Larsson, Johnson, Altidore, Fletcher.SUBS: Ki, Gardner, Celustka, Giaccherini, Roberge, Borini, Mannone.
Newcastle : Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Dummett, Santon; Sissoko, Tiote (c), Cabaye; Gouffran, Ben Arfa, Remy. SUBS : Elliot, Haïdara, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Cissé.
- The 22 Premier League matches between these sides have produced nine Newcastle wins, nine draws and four Sunderland victories.
- The last time the Black Cats won successive league matches against the Magpies was during the 1966-67 season, when they recorded 3-0 victories in both meetings.
- Sunderland have won only one of their 11 Premier League home matches against Newcastle (D5, L5), failing to keep a single clean sheet.
- Sunderland are the fourth team to claim only one point from their opening eight Premier League games. Two of the previous three went down (Manchester City in 1995-96 and Sheffield Wednesday in 1999-2000), while Southampton survived in 1998-99.
- The Black Cats have lost 15 of their last 22 top-flight matches (W2, D5).
- Sunderland will hope to avoid a seventh successive league defeat on Sunday. If they lose it will be their worst run in the top flight since a sequence of nine consecutive defeats between October and December 2005.
- Victory would see Newcastle win back-to-back away league games for the first time since March/April 2012, when they won at West Brom and then Swansea.
- The Magpies have scored two goals in each of their last five league games.
- Against Liverpool, Paul Dummett became the first non-Frenchman to score a league goal for Newcastle since April.
|Josmer Volmy Altidore|
|Ji Dong Won|
|Hatem Ben Arfa|