6 total views, 1 views today
Ireland Head Coach Andy Farrell has named his squad for the first Guinness Series game of the Autumn Nations Cup against Wales to the Aviva Stadium on Friday night.
Captain Johnny Sexton links up with Jamison Gibson Park at half-back and Robbie Henshaw switches to inside centre to accommodate Chris Farrell at 13. Jacob Stockdale lines out at fullback and is joined in the backfield by Hugo Keenan and the uncapped James Lowe.
In the pack Cian Healy and Andrew Porter are joined by Ronan Kelleher at hooker. Iain Henderson returns to the second row to partner James Ryan. The backrow sees Caelan Doris switch to No.8 with Peter O’Mahony at 6 and Josh van der Flier at 7.
The replacements include Dave Heffernan, Ed Byrne, Finlay Bealham, Quinn Roux, Will Connors, Conor Murray, Billy Burns and Keith Earls.
Kick-off at the Aviva Stadium is 7.00pm on Friday 13th November and the game is being televised by RTÉ and Channel 4.
Ireland Team to Play Wales – 2020 Guinness Series / Autumn Nations Cup
15. Jacob Stockdale (Ulster/Lurgan)
14. Hugo Keenan (Leinster/UCD)
13. Chris Farrell (Munster/Young Munster)
12. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster/Buccaneers)
11. James Lowe (Leinster)
10. Jonathan Sexton (Leinster/St Mary’s College) (captain)
9. Jamison Gibson Park (Leinster)
1. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf)
2. Ronan Kelleher (Leinster/Lansdowne)
3. Andrew Porter (Leinster/UCD)
4. Iain Henderson (Ulster/Academy)
5. James Ryan (Leinster/UCD)
6. Peter O’Mahony (Munster/Cork Constitution)
7. Josh van der Flier (Leinster/UCD)
8. Caelan Doris (Leinster/St Mary’s College)
16. Dave Heffernan (Connacht/Buccaneers)
17. Ed Byrne (Leinster/UCD)
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers)
19. Quinn Roux (Connacht/Galwegians)
20. Will Connors (Leinster/UCD)
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen)
22. Billy Burns (UIster)
23. Keith Earls (Munster/Young Munster)