Royal Ascot has been one of the biggest events of the horse racing calendar since 1911 when the meeting officially became a royal week. People from all over the country will be attending to witness the extravagant outfits and of course, the high quality of horse racing available.
The Ascot racing days actually go all the way back to 1711 when Queen Anne thought it was the perfect place for Horses to gallop at full stretch. From then and until now Ascot has always attracted the highest standard of horse racing and all of the big players in the sport will be there.
With the high standard of racing, punters will be all over the betting sites for this one and to aid you all in your betting efforts, we’ve put together a day one stat pack which will hopefully prove to be of some use!
Queen Anne Stakes
● Seven out of the 12 winners won on their previous run before the Queen Anne Stakes
● Nine out of the 12 winners had at least one run that season
● Nine out of the 12 winners had at least one previous run at Ascot
● 11 out of the last 12 winners had won on their previous run before the Coventry Stakes
● Aidan O’Brien is the leading trainer with five wins, the next highest is John Gosden with two
● Seven out of the last 12 winners ran in the 2000 Guineas
King’s Stand Stakes
● 11 out of the last 12 winners had a rating of 113 or higher
● 11 out of the last 12 winners had at least one run that season
● Nine of the last 12 winners were aged 4-6
St James Palace Stakes
● Frankie Dettori is the leading winner of this race with three wins
● 10 out of the 12 winners had a rating of 110 or higher
● Four out of the last 12 winners ran in the Irish 2000 Guineas
● 11 out of the 12 winners had a rating of 88 or higher
● Nine out of the last 12 winners had at least six previous runs over 16-20 Furlongs
● 10 of the last 12 winners were aged between five and seven
● Two out of the last 12 winners had at least one win in a group 1-3 race
● The last seven winning trainers have all been different, the last trainer to win it back-to-back was John Gosden in 2011 and 2012
● 10 out of the last 12 winners had a rating of 102 or higher
Unfortunately, when it comes to the Copper Horse Stakes, we’re out of stats and trends as the race has only happened three times, the last two races have been won by 16/1 and 33/1 shots with the favourite winning the first, if that’s anything to go off, we could have a big priced winner again!
Cookies are used for ads personalisation on SportsNewsIreland.com. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behaviour or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.