HomeGAAKilmacud Crokes win Third Dublin Senior Football Title in a Row 

Kilmacud Crokes win Third Dublin Senior Football Title in a Row 

Kilmacud Crokes  win Third Dublin SFC Title in a Row

Kilmacud Crokes have become the first team to win three consecutive Dublin SFC titles since 2001 with an emphatic win over Ballyboden St Enda’s at Parnell Park.  The reigning champions delivered a powerful performance that will resonate not just in Dublin but in Leinster and beyond. They dominated the game from start to finish, scoring a goal and 14 points and limiting their opponents to nine points.

Kilmacud Crokes 1-14 Ballyboden St Enda’s 0-9

How Kilmacud Crokes Built Their Victory on a Strong Defence

The foundations of Kilmacud Crokes’ victory were built on a strong defence, with Theo Clancy and Dan O’Brien leading the way. Clancy marked Colm Basquel and limited him to two points from play, while O’Brien managed the transition from defence to attack brilliantly.  Kilmacud Crokes also showed great intensity and work-rate, especially from their forwards. Hugh Kenny and Shane Cunningham both got back to make blocks and turnovers, and Kenny also set up the decisive goal for Shane Walsh in the second half.

How Kilmacud Crokes Killed the Game on the Break

Once Kilmacud Crokes established a two-point lead at half-time, 0-7 to 0-5, they were able to exploit the space behind Ballyboden St Enda’s defence in the second half. They scored seven points without reply, including a stunning goal from Walsh on 40 minutes.  Walsh could have opted for a point, but he was ambitious enough to keep probing and got an angle to shoot off his left for a 1-9 to 0-6 lead. Dara Mullin added another point two minutes later, and Kilmacud Crokes were in cruise control.

How Kilmacud Crokes Oozed Class and Skill

Kilmacud Crokes not only outworked Ballyboden St Enda’s, but they also outplayed them with their class and skill. Paul Mannion and Shane Cunningham swung over some magnificent scores, while Andrew McGowan and Aaron Jones were influential in midfield.  Cunningham finished with three points, all in the second half, while Mannion’s two from play in the first half would grace any game. Kilmacud Crokes had nine different scorers in total, showing their depth and quality.

How Ballyboden St Enda’s Struggled to Find Their Rhythm

Ballyboden St Enda’s had impressed in their semi-final win over St Jude’s, but they struggled to find their rhythm against Kilmacud Crokes. They had to work hard to find openings, but they were often crowded out by Kilmacud Crokes’ defence.  Colm Basquel was their main threat, scoring three points, but he had little support from his teammates. Michael Darragh Macauley was withdrawn for the second half, while Ryan Basquel also scored three points from frees.  The only area where Ballyboden St Enda’s had some success was on Kilmacud Crokes’ longer kick-outs, where Cein Darcy won some possession and set up scores for both Basquels. But it was not enough to trouble Kilmacud Crokes, who ran out comfortable winners by eight points.

Scorers –

Kilmacud Crokes: S Walsh 1-2, P Mannion (1)f, S Cunningham 0-3 each, D O’Brien, A Jones, S Horan, D Mullin, C O’Connor, M O’Leary all 0-1 each.

Ballyboden St Enda’s: C Basquel (1)f, R Basquel (2)fs 0-3 each, R McGarry 0-2, D Sweeney 0-1.


Referee: D Sheppard (Round Towers Lusk).

LiveScores Now Available at IrishScores.com



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments